Evaluation Title: Acid-Base Balance Case Study Read the Acid-Base Case Study. Henry was admitted to the emergency room with the following symptoms a headache, nauseous, confused and extreme sleepiness. Labs were drawn and the following results were returned: Arterial Blood Gas (ABG) pH: 7.25 Pco2: 33 HCO3-: 15 mEq/L Download the case study worksheet. Answer the following questions, including detail and appropriate explanations: o What is an ABG? Why or when is it usually performed? What are the normal values for the labs listed above? Describe the 3 systems in the body that work together to regulate pH. What type of acid/base imbalance is present in Henry? Is Henry’s body compensating? If so is it partially or fully compensated? Explain your reasoning. Explain how the compensatory mechanism is going to affect this imbalance. Relate your answer to the following equation: CO2 + H20 ? H2CO3 ? HCO3- + H+ What organ system is responsible for compensating in this case? What changes will be observable when the organ system compensates? Explain 3 common causes of this type of acid/base imbalance. Please be sure to validate your answers with citations and references in APA format.
- Journalize the following transactions related to Bad Debts Expense. Post entries
- Policy Paper Components As with research papers, there is not just one way to wr
- I’ve included all of the documents from the lesson. May be more than needed, but
- Interview Analysis You will conduct two interviews with practicing professionals
- Goal: The purpose of this assignment is for students to properly design a one we
No comments to show.